Starting on Thursday, October 18th, The Borough of Pompton Lakes Department of Public Works will begin picking up leaves and brush each week on Thursdays & Fridays until Friday, December 7th.
As a result, garbage collection will be reduced to once a week, on Mondays and Tuesdays of each week.
During this period, the following schedule applies:
- Monday: South garbage pickup
- Tuesday: North garbage pickup
- Wednesday: Recycling (Plastics or Paper – refer to Borough calendar for detailed information)
- Thursday: South Leaf pickup
- Friday: North Leaf pickup
There will be no pickups on these dates:
- Tuesday, November 6th – Election Day
- Monday, November 12th- Veteran’s Day holiday
- Thursday, November 22nd – Thanksgiving
- Friday, November 23rd – Thanksgiving holiday
To ensure curbside collection of leaves, the leaves must be placed in special biodegradable paper bags (available at the recycling center) or containerized loosely in clean garbage pails and/or trash cans. Leaves in plastic bags and/or raked into the streets will not be collected. Do not sweep or blow leaves into roadway or storm drains.
The DPW encourage those homeowners who have the yard space, to compost their own leaves on site, and/or use the “cut it and leave it” philosophy when doing your own lawn work.
Twice a week garbage pickup will resume on Monday, December 10th.
Residents and businesses (non-landscaping) may bring their brush, branches and leaves to the Recycling Center. The recycling center is open Monday-Saturday from 7:30am to 3:15pm.
For questions for more information, contact the DPW at 973-835-1465 or email@example.com.
Recycle Coach app is now available!
You can also get reminders right to your smartphone by downloading the Recycle Coach app. Go to http://pomptonlakes-nj.gov/173/Recycling for more information.