Services for Job Searches, Training, Career Services
The state Department of Labor and Workforce Development plans to offer a full suite of online and telephone employment services through its One-Stop Centers beginning on Aug. 10.
Comprehensive support for unemployed customers will be offered online and through a series of call centers, which are expanding their capacity. However, in-person service will not be available at this time due to COVID-19 health and safety concerns for customers and employees.
“It is important that One Stop Career Centers resume their role to offer much-needed workforce services,” said state Labor Commissioner Robert Asaro-Angelo. “But we must restart carefully, to maximize our impact to those wishing to start or change careers, while the health and safety of our customers and staff remains paramount.”
The enhanced remote services will be available at the One Stop Center located in Randolph, and North Jersey locations in Newton, Somerville and Phillipsburg, as well as sites around the state. Find a location.
Remote-access services to be available through the One-Stops include:
- Job search assistance;
- Training and education assistance;
- Career planning;
- Assessment of training needs;
- Occupational skills training and job search support for unemployed adults and dislocated workers;
- Re-Employment Services and Eligibility Assessment, which unemployment claimants find work before they exhaust their benefits;
- Career services for individuals with disabilities, including resume building, accommodating equipment and job placement;
- Online workshops.
Other Key Services:
State Jobs Portal: jobs.covid19.nj.gov
Employer Services: nj.gov/labor/business. Includes recruitment assistance, virtual job fairs, apprenticeship programs, on-the-job training, layoff aversion, and incumbent worker training.
Unemployment Assistance: myunemployment.nj.gov.
New State Department of Labor Call Center Numbers:
- North New Jersey: 201-601-4100
- Central New Jersey: 732-761-2020
- South New Jersey: 856-507-234