- Solid waste containers shall be maintained in sanitary condition.
- No containers shall have ragged or sharp edges or other defects liable to hamper or injure workers collecting solid waste or be in such condition that they are unable to prevent contents from leaking out of the container or precluding vermin, rodents, insects or animals from accessing the contents of the container.
- Containers shall be made of metal or plastic with suitable handles, tight fitting covers and shall be water tight.
- Containers shall have a capacity of no more than 45 gallons and shall weigh not more than 60 pounds when fully loaded.
- All recyclable materials shall be separated from the materials which are placed out for solid waste collection.
- Solid waste shall have free liquids drained from it.
- Solid waste containers shall be placed at the curb line of the property or at such other locations as may be designated by the Superintendent of Public Works.
- Containers may be placed for collection at any time after 6 p.m. the night before collection day and before 6 a.m. of the day of collection.
- Except during declared emergencies or during leaf recycling season, the Borough strives to collect solid waste twice per week.
The following materials may not be included with normal waste for collection:
- Construction materials, demolition materials, tree trunks and stumps, cinder blocks, etc.
- Contagious disease solid waste including contaminated apparel, bedding, etc.
- Hazardous Waste
- Highly flammable or explosive refuse
- Propane tanks
- Recyclable materials
- Waste oil, tires, appliances